HTML5 Videochat app is the most recent interface added to PaidVideochat platform, built specifically to provide advanced interactions using HTML5 only, with no Flash plugin. This makes it compatible with most browsers including mobile browsers like iOS Safari, Android Chrome.Full Page Videochat Demo
Key Features for HTML5 Videochat
- 1 way to many live video streaming, in public lobby
- 2 way videochat, in private (1 to 1) shows with request/approve interaction
- live wallet balance display (updates from tips and other transfers)
- tips with multiple customizable options, gift images
- WebRTC relayed streaming (reliable and scalable to many clients from streaming server, independent of broadcaster upload connection)
- group / private paid videochat, pay per minute
- random videochat with Next button to move to different performer room
- fullscreen for videochat interface or playback video
- collaboration mode with file sharing, presentation (webcam, image, video)
- adaptive target video bitrate (depending on cam resolution) and configuration in resolution change
- broadcasting/playback bitrate stats (open controls and stats should show in few seconds)
- show snapshot/video playback while not streaming
- dark mode / lights on: each user can toggle interface mode live at runtime
- split view: live video collaboration, conferencing showing multiple media items
Only HTML5: No Flash
Using the HTML5 videochat interface is highly recommended as main browsers have plans to discontinue Flash support in 2020.
HTML5 Videochat uses WebRTC technology to allow broadcasting webcam directly from website, without need for Flash.
Some other solutions use Flash to broadcast and HTML5 HLS only for playback but this application / interface does not use Flash at all.
This makes it compatible and all functionality available in most browsers including mobile iOS Safari, Android Chrome.
- Fullpage Videochat – demo room in full page mode (includes minimalist site menu)
- Videochat Room – a specific demo room, will play a teaser as performer is not online
- Random Videochat – a random videochat room, move to a different room with Next button
- Register in Demo – register as performer or client to access advanced features, including broadcasting, private 2 way videochat, pay per minute
Video Conference Mode
Room owner can start Conference Mode by toggling live from Options tab.
In conference mode, room owner can split display to 2, 4, 6 slots where he can assign streams from participants in Users tab.
When room is in conference mode all participants get a Camera tab to start broadcasting their webcam and microphone.
In conference mode, advanced complexity interface (with tabs) is always used to display the advanced features and layout.
Collaboration / Presentation Mode
HTML5 Videochat includes a mode for advanced collaboration and presentations. In addition to conference mode, collaboration includes file sharing and ability to display images and videos in media slots.
In collaboration mode, compared to regular videochat, new feature Tabs are available: Users, Files, Presentation in addition to Chat, Camera panels.
Performer (teacher, advisor, coach, presenter, moderator) can upload/delete files, display other user cams or images/videos for everybody to see.
Registered collaboration participants can also broadcast their camera, upload files. All participants can open files, watch content displayed by moderator (streams, files).
Order a turnkey combo package with full mode license and all hosting requirements to run the HTML5 Videochat features.
HTML5 Videochat interface requires a level 4 VideoWhisper web app license, to enable full mode without ads and limitations, for commercial use.
A lower license can be upgraded for price difference: older Flash based level 3 Video Chat Messenger license can be upgraded for price difference.
The level 4 license includes full mode for all lower level app interfaces.
Without a full mode license, application includes free mode limitations like intrusive ads in interface like: a Free mode button, ad in chat, restricted broadcasting resolution (< 480p), restricted maximum broadcasting bitrate (< 750kbps).
HTML5 Videochat app involves specific requirements: HTML5 WebRTC relay streaming for reliability and scalability, SSL and specific configuration on specific streaming server, session control to manage streams and interactions between streaming and web server, ffmpeg with involved video codecs on web host.
All requirements are available with the turnkey complete hosting plans, specifically setup/configured/managed to run these features.
F.A.Q. about HTML5 Videochat & PaidVideochat Solution
- Can performer broadcast from mobile camera using the HTML5 Videochat?
Yes, HTML5 Videochat uses HTML5 WebRTC technology available in mobile browsers like Android Chrome, iOS Safari.
Same application loads both in PC and mobile browsers, with some adaptive adjustments, mainly referring to layout adapted to mobile screen.
- Do users need Flash for HTML5 Videochat?
No, users don’t need Flash plugin in their browsers for using the HTML5 Videochat app.
PaidVideochat also supports a Flash based interface that can be used if enabled by site admin and selected by performer.
- Can both HTML5 Videochat and Flash Video Chat interfaces be used?
The 2 interfaces are not compatible in same session: performer needs to use HTML5 Videochat app to connect to clients also using HTML5 Videochat app.
If using Flash Video Chat interface, mobile clients will get a simplified HTML5 Streaming interface, not the advanced HTML5 Videochat app.
Performer could opt to use Flash based interface in scheduled sessions where all clients also use PCs, for specific features available in that interface.
Integrating with other Frameworks / Scripts, Plain PHP Setup
The videochat application is a frontend HTML5 JS based solution that relies on specific streaming server setup and web server side backend site scripts. The WP based turnkey site plugin, Paid Videochat – HTML5 PPV Live Webcams, is provided as free source code and implements all features and capabilities.
Application licensing and hosting requirements are the same, independent of scripts used on server side.
For integrating HTML5 Videochat with frameworks/scripts, there is also a simplified plain PHP HTML5 Videochat edition, with some basic scripts that embed the app and showcase basic features. These scripts include some simplified sample data to showcase basic streaming and interface elements in a easier setup for developers.
– Plain php edition does not involve database and pages to manage members, rooms, billing as with the PaidVideochat turnkey edition. These depend on framework/scripts you want to integrate with, plugins, database, member system.
– The simplified edition can also be used as sample to embed app with other types of scripts like ASP, JSP.
– Simplified scripts include only some basic sample data, parameters for 3rd party developers to understand how it works. All features are implemented in full with the turnkey site edition WordPress plugin, that should be used as sample/documentation when integrating with a different framework.
– Test the Plain PHP HTML5 Videochat Demo .
– More info about PHP Edition and downloads, are available at GitHub – PHP HTML5 Videochat Setup .