Starter plan is available from
$105 $99 per month to get project up and running. Recommended for new projects, during development and testing with several simultaneous users. Includes all web apps in full mode without ads or software limitations – level 4 license ( $55/mo) and the WebRTC Complete – Starter hosting plan ($50/mo). Includes free installation ($25/install).
When launching into production mode or before starting to advertise site, upgrading to a higher plan is recommended to be ready for inflow of clients.
Professional plan is for early stage startups, streaming simultaneously 36Mbps to small groups with several dozens of members. Includes all web apps (
$55/mo) and WebRTC Complete – Professional hosting plan ( $100/mo). Free installation. Save 16$/month with this license & hosting combo.
Mogul plan is for big projects, streaming simultaneously up to 480Mbps for multiple hundreds of viewers. Includes all web applications (
$55/mo) and one WebRTC Complete – Mogul hosting plan ( $400/mo). Free installation. Project can be scaled by adding additional Mogul plans for sub sites or custom load balancing setups. The Mogul plans can also be scheduled to be moved next month on different location (like different zones in EU, UK), on request. Save 30$/month with this license & hosting combo.
Information and Terms
- Allplans include free installation. Installation of all features on complete plans requires pointing a domain/subdomain to the compatible hosting account. Setup on other host with remote streaming involves feature limitations and possible only with specific host requirements (usually not available on regular web hosts).
- If you don’t have a domain registered for this project, yet, you can register a new domain for your project. Use coupon: videowhisper
- Existing WordPress sites can be moved to these turnkey plans before installing solution. Include WP admin credentials if you want to solution added to existing setup.
- Please allow around a couple of working days (in average) for setup, after order processing. Depending on exact time of ordering, non working days, it can take few days. Faster you order, faster you get it setup.
- Included installation means our staff will install WP, plugins, configure streaming, add menus and pages to be able to access features as in our demos, test to make sure it works and send you links to: access main sections, configure settings specific to your business (logo, billing) and review suggestions to improve setup / customize further.
- Details and terms for services in combos are available on their pages, including resource allocation for hosting plans. Monthly plans are renewed each month, until cancelled.
- Plan subscriptions can be cancelled anytime from billing site where order was placed. Cancellation stops automated renewal. These services and hosting resources are not returnable due to their nature.
- Plans can be upgraded to higher plans if more hosting resources are required for increased speed, reliability and user capacity. Resources are allocated after upgrade.
I. Software License
The Paid Videochat / WP PPV Live Webcams solution integrates multiple VideoWhisper web applications for videochat interfaces and other live video streaming features. The highest level 4 license enables full mode for all these web apps on project domain:
Full mode license for 1 domain can be purchased for $550/lifetime or rented for $55/month for full mode evaluation, development stage or limited time projects. Each order includes one free installation, if compatible hosting is available (see requirements).
More details on licensing applications and options: Solution supports 3 chat interfaces that can be used by performers: Advanced (Video Messenger Flash), HTML5 (HTML5 Live Streaming), HTML5 App (HTML5 Videochat). Live Streaming is used for video only playback of stream. VideoWhisper web applications are available with different licenses and ordering higher includes the lower ones. For lifetime license, upgrading is possible for price difference. Rental plans can be switched as necessary by ordering new and cancelling previous.
In addition to standard online payment methods (like Paypal, credit card) in most currencies, license can be purchased with crypto currencies (like BTC, ETH, LTC, DASH) and processing discount is available.
Depending on project, customization options include:
- Theme: Get a professional WordPress theme to skin site, change design.
A theme with wide content area (preferably full page width) should be used so videochat interface can use most of the space.
Some tested themes: Jupiter, Impreza, Elision, Sweet Date 4U.
- Logo: You can start from a professional logo template.
- Contents: Site pages, menus, categories and sections can be edited from WP CMS backend.
- Backup Services: Updraft Plus – Automated WordPress backup plugin. Free for local storage. For production sites external backups are recommended (premium).
- Translation: Plugin is localized, meaning a .pot file that contains mosts texts is included. Multiple translations for plugin are available as .po/.mo files and you can also edit/adjust or add new languages using a translation plugin. Videochat application texts can be translated from plugin settings.
- Features: After ordering solution and setting up existing editions, VideoWhisper.com staff can customize these for additional fees depending on exact requirements.
Software consists of videochat app that can be customised with parameters / by replacing interface skin images and the integration code (plugin) including php, js, css, settings that can be changed as needed. New options, features or changes in the app can be implemented by VideoWhisper developers.
II. Compatible Hosting
This software has special requirements (for the video streaming and live interaction part, regular shared web hosting is not enough):Requirements
For full features & optimal functionality, considering running such website usually requires a dedicated server and Wowza SE license alone requires extra $95/month on a 3rd party server, we provide very affordable complete plans for our clients, that start from $50/month and include hosting requirements for all features (web + all streaming protocols) :
Complete Turnkey Hosting
Our plans are optimised for streaming, on 1000Mbps connection and managed by our administrators that setup and keep services running at optimum performance.
More details and options for hosting:
We provide multiple options for the required streaming hosting to handle some or all the features, starting from $9/mo (for remote rtmp only with basic video stream support), $35/mo (remote webrtc/rtmp/rtsp/hls) or $50/mo (complete hosting with all streaming capabilities and CPanel) .
A domain (like yourdomain.com) or subdomain (like videochat.yourdomain.com) can be used to host turnkey solution.
We recommend you use our turnkey complete hosting plans for everything (web + streaming services, required to run advanced features) but you can also use in combination with your other web hosting (install solution on different hst and configure it to use streaming address from a plan you have with us) with limited functionality.
If you need to enable live video archiving, we recommend Wowza SE and using same server for web and streaming is required (so rtmp videos are accessible by web scripts). If you need mobile video delivery by HLS or WebRTC relay supported by this solution, Wowza SE is also required.
Transcoding, stream handling and snapshots requires FFMPEG with specific codecs on web host.
PS: Standard web hosting servers and plans don’t include the required specific live streaming server capabilities, server software licensing, tools and configurations or administrators experienced with such features.
We don’t recommend using a provider that does not have experience with these streaming solutions as that often leads to long setup hassle and unreliable service.
Our administrators can assist with setting up and administrating 3rd party servers, for additional fees, but such 3rd party hosts may not be designed (as hardware, network, system, configuration) to provide such features with good performance and reliability.
Using our plans and servers is usually faster, more cost effective and reliabile that setting up own servers, licensing all necessary software at retail price, administrating custom streaming configurations and services.
We recommend starting with our turnkey plans for quick reliable deployment and getting familiar with implementation and technology requirements in an environment where our staff can provide support.
Frequently Asked Questions about solution, ordering, setup:
- What are the total costs required to run solution?
Solution consists of software license and compatible hosting and listed plans from $99/month include everything needed to deploy and run the solution. Additional investments for customizations are optional, depending on each project (you may want to get a premium theme, create a custom logo, add new features or advertise your site).
- How many users can be connected at same time?
In licensed (full) mode all software limitations are removed meaning unlimited rooms and users can be active at the same time. These are limited only by the hosting resources and installation settings/parameters.
Simultaneous users capacity depends on hosting streaming bitrate available. In example to watch 800kbps streaming, 10 users would require 8Mbps. Plan resources are described on plan pages (in example turnkey complete hosting) but exact capacity depends on each site, streaming bitrate configuration, specific user interaction pattern. You can do some rough estimates when selecting plan to start and then upgrade at runtime depending on real usage statistics.
- Do I need a streaming server (Wowza SE) license when using your hosting?
No, our servers are already licensed. The plan price listed on site includes all mentioned hosting features.
When setting up own server with a 3rd party provider, multiple items should be considered to meet all requirements (as described on requirements page and streaming server setup and administration page): suitable hardware and network, specific server software licensing, server software installation, specific streaming server configuration, optimizations and maintenance.
- Do I need to transfer my domain when using web + rtmp hosting plans?
No, you just need to point domain (from domain registrar) to name severs provided on account setup. If you don’t have a domain, yet you can register a domain with any registrar. Pointing domain involves changing hosting (if already have a host), not domain registrar. You can have domain registered with any registrar.
- Can I use a 3rd party host?
Only if it meets all the requirements. Regular web hosts usually don’t meet the requirements and don’t have experience, configuration/network/servers designed for such setups. We don’t recommend using a provider that does not have experience with these streaming solutions as that often leads to long setup hassle and unreliable service.
- How fast is this delivered?
License and regular turnkey hosting setup is usually delivered in a couple of days.
Installation assistance can be provided after domain propagates to the compatible hosting plans or complete required installation details are provide, when hosting with a 3rd party.
- How is this delivered?
After licensing and/or hosting setup, details are sent in a new ticket with notification to emails provided when ordering. Make sure you provide a functional email and alternate email. If notification does not come in estimated delivery time, you can submit a ticket from contact page with order details to make sure you are receiving the emails. Notification emails sometimes go to spam folders because they contain multiple links including IP based (for hosting).
Delivery notification should not be confused with automated billing notification from billing site, that is sent right after order processing.
- Does this work on mobiles?
Yes, solution implements HTML5 only interfaces both for performer and clients.
– The HTML5 Videochat interface (recommended) works in mobiles and uses WebRTC technology.
– Performers can also start session in simplified HTML5 Streaming mode using WebRTC technology.
– For sessions started by performer in Flash Video Chat mode, playback of live stream is available in mobile browsers as HTML5 Streaming with HLS or MPEG DASH, after transcoding based on recommended Wowza plans.
- Is WebRTC supported?
Yes, solution implements WebRTC for streaming to/from media relay server. Performers can start session in HTML5 Videochat or simplified HTML5 Streaming mode to use WebRTC.
This brings compatibility for HTML5 mobile browsers, to allow streaming directly from site without configuring stand alone encoder apps.
A streaming server is used as a relay for scalability, reliability and cross protocol stream availability. Relay server also manages sessions and advanced interactions in real time.
- Why not use P2P?
As standard WebRTC implementations utilize peering networks, there still has to be a nearby node to help distribute the stream to other local hosts. Peering across a global network can be incredibly difficult.
Broadcasters would need server grade connections to live stream to multiple users and using a regular home ADSL connection (that has has higher download and bigger upload) causes real issues.
While testing with 2 or few users works fine in demos and small load trials, WebRTC limits often show in production mode: becomes unusable when many users are watching same HD stream and broadcaster connection is regular.
All startups hope their streaming applications will become a huge success, with thousands of viewers watching. A performer streaming a full hd video at 6-8 Mbps directly to 100 viewers in various world locations would require up to 600-800Mbps upload connection which is unlikely to achieve for a retail home connection. A streaming server in a well connected datacenter will do the job. Above average home ADSL connections have under 100Mbps upload allowing streaming such video to a maximum of 12 users.
- What about Flash support?
This solution supports both new HTML5 technology and legacy advanced Flash applications: webmasters can enable and performers can initiate both types of sessions. System responsively shows clients the appropriate interface and using supported technology (Flash or HTML5 WebRTC / HLS / MPEG DASH depending on client device and browser).
For a long time Flash was the only reliable way to implement certain features reliably like low latency webcam broadcast and interactions. Browser developers wanted to remove reliance on such external plugins since 2010 but technologies that could reliably implement these features took a very long time to get implemented. As alternative HTML5 technology becomes better, there are plans to discontinue Flash support in 2020. Our solutions are incorporating both new technologies like HTML5, WebRTC, HLS, WebSockets and provide support and bridges to reliable legacy Flash features, while supported by major browsers.
- Why use WordPress framework?
Many of most successful sites use WP framework: WordPress is the top platform of choice for top 10 000 sites due to its reliability, quality of code, ease of use, capacity for many users, ability to customize. For most startups it is best to use mature, open source code to achieve performance, security, reliability with cost effective investment.
The turnkey videochat site solution is based on WordPress framework for managing users, content, setting billing, plugins (secure tested high performance code chosen by top sites) and deploys as a standalone turnkey site solution.
Why use WP framework and not custom scripts? This script benefits from power of WordPress, reliability, ease of use, plugins, themes, a large community of experienced developers and designers, high quality coding and security standards. Core code is continuously developed, tested and secured.
Some developers could extract our videochat features from that WP plugin (provided with full PHP code) or simplified plain php edition and integrate with custom scripts or a different less popular framework. That can take a lot of time and investment and resulting code will probably be of lesser quality than tested, secure, reliable WP framework.
- I have some other questions: Where can I find further clarifications?
Submit a ticket with your questions and VideoWhisper technical support will assist as soon as possible.