Most big projects require a framework or CMS for professional software. A good framework and clear coding standards result in efficient, reliable and secure code.
- WordPress is the top platform of choice for top sites: About 1/3 of most successful 10k sites online use WordPress.
- Reliable and secure: WordPress is an open source platform with clear security standards. Code is tested on many sites and evaluated by developer community. Plugins and updates are distributed efficiently trough WP repository. Easily add security plugins like WordFence site firewall and scanner, registration email verification, SSL redirection, reCaptcha v3.
- Easy promotion: search engine friendly URLs, plugins for generating sitemaps, newsletters, integrating social media and most popular services.
- Wide selection of plugins: free and commercial plugins are available to expand functionality. Most site services provide WP plugins for easy integration.
- Wide selection of themes: free and commercial themes to quickly skin website.
- Large community of experienced developers and designers
- Fast and cost effective customizations: Pick a theme, plugins for features you need, easily setup content pages and menus.
WordPress includes multiple advanced plugins, tested and used on millions of sites. Most plugins are free and many provide option to also add premium functionality.
Key Feature Plugins
- WordFence: site firewall and scanner (configure to protect by limiting failed login attempts, bot attacks / flood request, scan for malware or vulnerabilities).
- To prevent spam registrations use a captcha plugin (get a key from google) and user verification plugin to automatically verify users by email confirmation. Also setup a special email account and a SMTP plugin to make sure users receive verification emails.
- A SMTP mailing plugin like Easy WP SMTP and setup a real email account from your hosting backend (setup an email from CPanel) or external (Gmail or other provider), to send emails using SSL and all verifications. This should reduce incidents where users don’t find registration emails due to spam filter triggering.
- Updraft Plus: Automated WordPress backup plugin. Free for local storage. For production sites external backups are recommended (premium). Great to have restore points in case of failed tweaks, hacks, data loss.
- HTTPS redirection plugin like Really Simple SSL , if you have a SSL certificate and HTTPS configured (as on VideoWhisper plans). HTTPS is required to broadcast webcam, in latest browsers like Chrome.
- WP Super Cache: cache (configured to not cache for known users or GET parameters, great for protecting against bot or crawlers eating up site resources)
- JetPack: site optimizations (performance, security, monitoring, social media publishing).
Premium Member/Client Plugins
- WooCommerce Memberships: Setup paid membership as products. Leveraged with Subscriptions plugin allows membership subscriptions.
- WooCommerce Subscriptions: Setup subscription products, content. Leverages Membership plugin to setup membership subscriptionsSetup at least 1 paid role that members get by purchasing membership.
- WooCommerce Booking: Setup booking products with calendar, availability, booking deposits, confirmations for 1 on 1 or group bookings. Include performer room link.
Billing & Microtransaction Token Wallets
Solution is able to work with 2 credit wallet plugins: myCRED and TeraWallet (WooComerce gateways wallet / WooWallet).
These can be used to add support for multiple billing gateways including Paypal, Zombaio, Skrill, BitPay, Stripe, Square, CoinBase, Amazon, CCBill, PayU. For more details see Billing Options section on Pay Per View features page.
Clients can prepay credits (tokens) that show in a site wallet and can be used anytime later in chat to pay for private shows per minute, send tips to performers or access paid content. Tokens can be used for services from different performers and content from different owners, anytime after deposit.
Turnkey Feature Plugins
- WooCommerce : ecommerce platform
- BuddyPress : community (member profiles, activity streams, user groups, messaging)
- Sensei LMS : learning management system
- bbPress: clean discussion forums
Complementary Integration Plugins
VideoWhisper developers and maintains complementary feature plugins, for easily integrating features that work well with this solution:
- Video Share VOD: Add webcam videos, teaser video. Videos can be used to schedule stream while performer is offline, sell video on demand.
- Rate Star Review – AJAX Reviews for Content with Star Ratings: integrated for reviews and ratings.
- Picture Gallery: add performer picture galleries, automated snapshots from shows.
- Paid Membership, Content, Downloads: sell videos (per item) from frontend, sell membership subscriptions. Based on mycred tokens that can be purchased with real money gateways or earned on site.
The PaidVideochat turnkey site solution is based on WP and multiple WP plugins.