Contact VideoWhisper staff if you require assistance. Include WordPress admin details if you already have WP installed.
This solution is based on WordPress framework. WordPress should be installed and running first. On VideoWhisper recommended hosting, WP installs automatically from CPanel Softaculous (VideoWhisper staff can also install WP for you on these plans).
On 3rd party hosting, our staff can install WP manually for an installation fee.
II. Install PPV Live Webcams Plugin
Before installing, make sure your hosting environment meets all requirements.
Certain features (if needed) require specific hosting: HLS delivery requires Wowza, archiving streams import requires web and rtmp on same physical server, performer videos requires FFMPEG and specific codecs. Depending on features you need, you should compare rtmp hosting options. All features are available with VideoWhisper turnkey managed, Wowza rtmp based, hosting plans and dedicated servers.
- If you’re not hosting RTMP with us go to RTMP Application Setup for installation details.
- Search for the PPV Live Webcams (in exampled by keyword “videowhisper”) and install it directly from WordPress admin area (recommended).
download latest WordPress Plugin zip version and copy the files from the zip file including folder structure to your wordpress plugins folder: you should obtain wp-content/plugins/ppv-live-webcams/ppv-live-webcams.php . After upload installation, upgrade to latest version from WP repository.
III. Configure Plugin from WordPress Backend
- From Live Webcams > Settings in WP backend and configure settings (it’s compulsory to fill a valid RTMP hosting address)
- From Appearance > Menus add Webcams and optionally the Performer Dashboard pages to main site menu
- From Settings > Permalinks enable a SEO friendly structure (ex. Post name)
- From Settings > General enable Membership: Anyone can register. Plugin will create and show roles on the default registration page (usually accessible at /wp-login.php?action=register ). You may need to add registration link to a menu, page or a widget if not accessible to your users.
- Install, enable and configure a billing plugin, setup PPV (described in a new section below).
- Optional: Install, enable and configure plugins for performers to upload videos and pictures to their profiles: Video Share VOD and Picture Gallery.
There is a settings reference with default settings for key customisations, if you need to restore defaults.
Recommended: Install bot protection plugins: WP Super Cache (configured to not cache for known users or GET parameters), WordFence (protect from failed login attempts, bot attacks and flood request).
IV. Pay Per View (PPV): Pay Per Minute (PPM) Setup
- First install myCRED WordPress plugin.
- Enable buyCRED addon and configure at least 1 payment gateway for users to be able to buy credits.
“Thank You Page” should be set to “Webcams” and “Cancellation Page” to “Buy Credits” from from buyCRED settings.
This addon allows users to buy credits with multiple gateways:
- PayPal Standard
- Skrill (Moneybookers)
- NETbilling (supports adult sites)
- Zombaio (supports adult sites)
- BitPay (bitcoin)
More billing gateways are available for an additional a fee (2checkout, ComproPago, CoinBase, CoinPayments, PayFast, Payza, Robokassa, Stripe, WePay) from myCRED store.
- Setup a page for users to buy credits with shortcode [mycred_buy_form].
- From Live Webcams > Settings > PPV setup:
- client cost per minute
- grace time
- ratio earned by performer
- optionally, performer cost per minute for other type of service scenarios
- Optionally, setup a page for users to see private shows they paid for with shortcode [mycred_sales_history].
- Optionally, you can use the Sell Content module to also sell access to public video chat for certain webcam posts.
Select “Webcams I Manually Select” as Post Types you want to sell in Sell Content settings tab so access to webcams can be sold from backend. You can also configure payout to content author from there (Profit Share) and expiration, if necessary.
Important: Selecting All for any post types (pages, posts, webcams) will make ALL inaccessible without payment.
V. Membership Access Setup (Optional)
- In addition to PPM for private chats, access to public chats can be restricted to paid members only (in example by charging a small fee of $1 for age verification of performers, instead of free performer registration ).
- First install a membership plugin to manage paid member roles.
With the Paid Membership plugin, users can buy membership using same token system used for tips and pay per minute.
For direct membership purchase, the free s2Member plugin allows setting up paid Paypal membership roles.
- Setup at least 1 paid role that members get by purchasing membership.
- From Live Webcams > Settings > Client configure access to public video chat to paid roles
- Theme: Get a professional WordPress theme to skin site.
A theme with wide content area (preferably full page width) should be used so videochat interface can use most of the space.
Some tested themes: Jupiter, Impreza, Elision, Sweet Date 4U.
- Features: After ordering solution and setting up existing editions, VideoWhisper.com staff can customize these for additional fees depending on exact requirements.
- Logo: You can start from a professional logo template.